Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Alert twins = fun!

The twins love their Sophie giraffes - thanks Alex for the gifts!


The twins have gotten so much bigger and are starting to show their personalities. Along with heightened alertness is increased awareness and Carter and Ainsley are starting to notice everything around them. Like everything else, there are positives and negatives to these new developments. Feeding times have become a little more interesting now with mandatory eye contact with Ainsley and random fits from Carter. I used to peruse Facebook while feeding them but now I'll catch Ainsley watching me. If we make eye contact, I have to set the phone down or else she'll de-latch herself and start smiling and cooing at me. Carter is generally pretty chill when eating but once in a while, he'll fuss and cry. Usually that is when he wants my full attention which he's used to getting at 3am now when he wakes up crying to eat.

Will helps me burp the babies throughout the feedings or else it becomes a clumsy juggling act when I try to do it. Ainsley will usually finish eating first so Will ends up holding and burping her while I have Carter. Something I noticed recently is that Ainsley will look back at me after Will takes her from me. Her eyes search until they land on me and then she just stares as if to ask why I'm always holding her brother instead of her. It's not a preference but based on the order of whoever finishes nursing first which is usually Ainsley. I was surprised the first time I saw her do this because I didn't think she noticed. The next time, I had Will trade with me and the minute I took her into my arms, Ainsley flashed me one of her rare huge, megawatt smiles.


Ainsley and Carter love playing in their play gym-a gift from our generous friend Grace. They are kept occupied while Will and I quickly scarf down dinner.


It's time to bust a move.
 
Drunken milk face.

Hi.


1 comments:

Holly said...

They are getting so big and cute!!

Post a Comment