Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Time is going by way too fast...

The kids are growing so fast and with Ethan being born, I feel like I missed a milestone in their development. One of the examples that Will gave was before we went to the hospital, the kids used to say "bao bao" which was Chinese for hold (as in pick me up). After we came back, they would say "bao bao me" They are learning to put words together and have become much more articulate in expressing what they want.

Will had sinus surgery around Christmas time and then we were all plagued with colds. He couldn't pick up the twins for a couple of weeks and would explain to them that he had surgery and now had "owie." When he would cough a lot, Ainsley would peer at him really concerned and ask "Are you ok?" She understands when someone is hurt or in pain and shows genuine care and concern. The other night Will was tucking them in when she asked for his hand which indicated that she wanted to pray. After Will mentioned all the people we are thankful for as well as those we want to pray for, Ainsley chimes in with "mommy owie." It melted my heart to hear that.

At the same time, baby girl is ambitious and dominant. She'll fight for her toys and and would not hesitate to throw in a bite to win. What a conundrum wrapped into a beautiful little package. Carter usually loses these fights. At one point, he started biting her back on the face and we would discipline him same as we discipline her. Carter stopped the biting but I'm not sure if Ainsley has.

I tucked both of them in last night for the first time since Ethan was born. Usually their bedtime occurs right when Ethan needs to eat or when he cries because he senses that I have left the room. Since my milk supply was very low from having a stomach bug that rendered it nearly impossible to keep anything down, I had Will feed him a bottle of formula.

It felt like such a rare treat to tuck the kids in-for them and myself. I laid down beside Carter and Ainsley, took both their hands and said a little prayer. Next would be music time and both kids said"Baa baa" which meant they wanted Baa baa black sheep. That is followed by twinkle twinkle little star, ABCs, itsy bitsy spider and Baby, it's cold outside. Last night, Carter's favorite was itsy, bitsy spider and he made me sing it 20x. My hands softly tickled their arms as if they were spiders walking on them. The kids cracked up and cried for more when the song was over. Ainsley fell asleep shortly but Carter remained awake for a good half and hour longer so I traced big circle, little circle on his back and sang to him until he fell asleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment